Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mommy Dearest

I know that it's a bit after the fact, but this past weekend my lovely mother traveled the hour long plane ride from Phoenix to San Diego to come visit me. It was an excellent break for the both of us: mine from school and hers from life mothering three, variously aged, school children and a dog.
What we accomplished:
We did a lot of eating, that's for sure; from pizza to burgers to Asian goodness, our bellies were never empty.
We survived riding in the car with my 82 year old grandfather, who is nearing the age where one should stop driving (for the safety of the public).
We caught up and enjoyed each other's company.
We successfully avoided being roped into any large family gatherings that neither of us wanted to attend.
We made a significant amount of pumpkin bread (and left out those weird allspice balls that I put in there last time).
Overall the weekend was a smashing success. Love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment