Tuesday, November 23, 2010

change and giving thanks

Recently I've been feeling... I think "shaky" is the best way to put it. Not shaky like a frail old lady who might fall over & break her hip, but shaky like less sure about things than usual. It may just be because I'm not going home for Thanksgiving & I miss my family, but I've just been a little nostalgic. Maybe it's because I can feel things changing &, as much as I like change, I don't like change that I don't dictate (it's a bit of a control thing). Not to mention the school stresses that are always at the back of my mind.
Anyway, what I've decided to do is make a list of some of the things that I love and am thankful for, because I know that I wouldn't have any of them without change.
I am thankful for/love:
-My family, and that they love me enough to miss me.
-All of the wonderful relationships that I have made since coming to Loma, they are better than I could have ever imagined.
-The friendships that have the stamina to span time and distance and carry on to and through college.
-My best friend Bailey that I love and miss so much; we'll grow old together even if we're apart.
-Point Loma itself. As much as I complain about some things, there's nowhere else I'd rather be.
-Love itself.
There are so many more little things, like scarves, dogs, cuddling, that Marissa isn't super messy, etc that I'm thankful for too.

No comments:

Post a Comment