Monday, May 3, 2010

i do's

Everyone loves weddings. Who doesn't love an occasion to celebrate and dance and get dressed up? My aunt got married this last weekend, & I was the maid of honor. It was an awesome opportunity to let somebody else do my hair and makeup for me.
Weddings are also a great learning experience. Here's what I learned:

- Just because there is an open bar does not mean that you should hammered.
- Just because people of a certain age shouldn't dance, doesn't mean that they won't dance.
- Do not use somebody's name unless you are 100% sure that it is, in fact, their name. There's nothing more embarrassing than calling somebody by the wrong name.
- Family members rarely fail to try to set you up on dates with people you often times don't know (or are related to).

Did I catch the wedding bouquet? No. But not for lack of trying. She didn't throw it because I was only one of two people that came out to catch it. I was willing to battle for it, but she decided that it would better to not throw it at all. Bust.

I also learned that I like my brother more than I thought that I did. We basically danced embarrassingly together for the entire night. So I guess it was a win.



No comments:

Post a Comment